Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Today's Monumental Decision

So, yesterday I wrote about my weight and ultimately that means my health. So in keeping with the good feeling I had after unloading my thoughts on the issue; I went to the gym yesterday.

Now, I didn't work out but I did make an appointment to come back and join. Can you believe I had to make an appointment? I would have thought that they would have jumped on the opportunity to sign me up then and there. So come Saturday morning I'll be at the gym signing my unfit butt away to the gym with the goal to shed unwanted pounds and gain my much needed self esteem back. I have even gone as far as looking into scheduling an appointment with a nutrition counselor.

For me I need as much support as possible towards maintaining my goal. You can preach to me all day long about the statistics for overweight people but I need a strong support system in order to stay on track. I have heard about using a "buddy system" when it comes to working out but I don't think that really works; at least not from past experiences has it worked.

So here I am, ready, set, go workout!

No comments:

Post a Comment